About Ambika Chadwick
I trained in an ashram studying Yoga and Meditation from my early 20's. This classical approach gave me as much knowledge about Meditation, Mantra, Chanting and Philosophy, as it did Asana. We practiced all of these tools, and Yoga was a dedicated practice, a way of life, not a stretch/fitness class.
Swami Vishnu Devananda had 5 simple points to the practice of Yoga:
- Proper Exercise (Asana)
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama)
- Proper Diet (Vegetarian)
- Proper Relaxation (Savasana)
- Proper and Positive Thinking (Meditation)
Fast forward 20 years and I'm still living by this philosophy, and passing this onto my students. I'm on a mission to help students understand the deeper intention of yoga.
I write and develop the courses for our Teacher Trainings at The Yoga Social and I spend my weekdays teaching yoga and meditation classes (large and privates) and my weekends training teachers (old and new).
I'm also a crazy cat lady and lover of David Bowie :)
What to expect in my classes and trainings? No judgement, lots of passion and laughter, and absolute knowledge on whatever I'm teaching.
My philosophy? Yoga is a school of thought which offers us various methods and practices (like asana, pranayama, mantra and meditation) to bring us closer to ourselves. If we open up to this, explore possibilities and let go of judgment and fear, anything is possible.
- E-RYT 500 hour - Yoga Alliance
- YACEP - Yoga Alliance
- Senior Level 3 - Yoga Australia
- 200hr Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Teacher Training
- 300hr Advanced Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Teacher Training
- 200hr School of Yoga (Christina Sell and Noah Maze)
- 30hr Prenatal Yoga
- Darren Rhodes - Yoga Hour teacher training
- Cert 3 / 4 Fitness
- Diploma of Dance