About Ambika Chadwick
Ambika discovered yoga as a dancer and performer.
She trained in an ashram studying Yoga and Meditation and this classical approach gave her as much knowledge about Meditation, Mantra, Chanting and Philosophy, as it did Asana. Yoga became a way of life for Ambika, not a stretch/fitness class.
She was taught 5 simple points:
- Proper Exercise (Asana)
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama)
- Proper Diet (Vegetarian)
- Proper Relaxation (Savasana)
- Proper and Positive Thinking (Meditation)
Having lived with claustrophobia, Ambika understands the importance of connection with breath and clearing the mind, and yoga has given her the techniques to take control in situations where she may feel discomfort. She completely and wholeheartedly swears on yoga as a way to calm the mind, and wants to share this gift with others. She's also on a mission to help students understand the deeper intention of yoga. There's so much more to yoga than downward facing dog!
She writes and develops the courses for the Teacher Trainings at The Yoga Social and she spends her weekdays teaching yoga and meditation classes (large and privates) and her weekends training teachers (old and new).
She's also a crazy cat lady and lover of David Bowie :)
- E-RYT 500 hour - Yoga Alliance
- YACEP - Yoga Alliance
- Senior Level 3 - Yoga Australia
- 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Cert (Sivananda Yoga Vedanta - London)
- 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Cert (Sivananda Yoga Vedanta - New York)
- 200hr School of Yoga (Christina Sell and Noah Maze)
- 30hr Prenatal Yoga (Bliss Baby)
- Restorative Yoga Cert (Bliss Baby)
- Yoga Hour Teacher Training (Darren Rhodes)
- Cert 3 Fitness (Australian Institute Of Fitness)
- Diploma of Dance (Adelaide Centre For The Performing Arts)
- Too many yoga workshops and short trainings over the past 20 years to mention :)